[at-l] Re: thawing clothing trick

Not that it really matters now I suppose... But, I've found that putting
forzen clothing in a stuff sack (reverse it so the outside becomes the
inside, and putting it in the sleeping bag with you for a while really
does the trick. Yes, you will cool off a bit, but this will keep things
from freezing. I'll even grant that it makes things a bit bumpy in the
bag, but I'd much rather have supple boots in the mroning than frozen
ones (think I learned that tidbit from Paul Hann).

Something else that works is to place the clothing between your sleeping
bag and sleeping pad. If you've got two pads you can put it between them
and forego the use of a stuff sack altogether.

  ** Ken **

**        krk@home.msen.com           http://home.msen.com/~krk     **