Re: [at-l] A few comments to some of my fans.

WHHAWKINS@aol.com wrote:

> These are the types that have caused the closing, to thru-hikers, of the free
> places to stay in trail towns.

The Hostel in Manchester Center may have closed for that very reason.
I understand that more than one person staying there last year brought
hard liquor onto the premises. They thought they were not noticed, but
when I was there, one of the church elders told me that a group who
was just through there had a major hiker feed and had been drinking on
site. They were discussing whether they would continue to allow hikers
to stay - and the elders were not particularly in favor of it.

Anyone know if they are still open for hikers this year?

-Paddler
http://paddler99.trailstories.com