Re: [at-l] Detracting from my hike

This is no longer trail related.

> Since the "crime" most likely occurred on Federal property,
> he could well be paying for it with a decade or more of his life.

From the sounds of the story, the officers waited to get him on state
property for possession .... which did the idiot a real favor ....

I am no fan of the "drug war"  .....  and NOT because I advocate the use of
what we now call illegal drugs ...

I am not a fan of this war because I have friends on both sides of this
ugly, stupid war who are now dead, and/or injured for life ...

I am not a fan of this war because I have seen and lived in places where
this particular form of idiotic war does not prevail ...

I am not a fan of this war because it is such foolhardy, damnable waste of
human and economic resources

And that is all I care to say about this topic in this forum.