Re: [at-l] A few comments to some of my fans.

In a message dated 03/12/2000 11:44:31 AM EDT, AThiker@smithville.net writes:

<< I remember walking out of a Chinese restaurant in Gorham, NH being
embarrassed
 that I was a hiker. Why? Because Jack and his drunken group were so
obnoxious,
 loud, rude and profane that I didn't want others to think I was 'with' them.
 think that "...the overwhelming number of people agree" that this behavior is
 not "appropriate" for a hiker in a "shared social area" like a public
restaurant
 in a known trailtown. >>

These are the types that have caused the closing, to thru-hikers, of the free
places to stay in trail towns.

Wildbill