RE: [at-l] OK, a gear list it is

Oh boy! Tuckerizing time!

> Here is what I am probably going to take on my section hike.
>
>                                            weights
> in pack /
>
> description                             (g)        (oz)
> worn (i/w)
>

> Shelter, backapck, sleeping
> GVP Gear G4 backpack                    380        13.40      w
> Stephenson+A35 2RSLD tent               1,500      52.91      I
> Tyvek ground sheet                      160        5.64       i
> Western Mountaineering Iroquois         678        23.92      i
> Design Salt silk bag liner              132        4.66       I

I carry one also, in the deep winter, leave it...

> 8 section Z-Rest (guess)                228        8.04       i
>
> Clothing
> light wool socks***                     56         1.98       i
> SmartWool socks***                      84         2.96       w
> liner socks***                          42         1.5
>
> Stephenson VB shirt                     212        7.48       I
> lightweight Capilene t-shirt            156        5.50       w
> REI convertible pants                   352        12.42      I
> Frogg Toggs jacket                      242        8.54       I
> Sierra Designs rain pants               222        7.83       I
> OR Sonora Sombrero                      80         2.82       i
> long gaiters from the past              100        3.53       w
> Vasque Sundowners                       1,360      47.97      w
>
> Kitchen
> Trangia, stand, screen (guess)          140        4.94       I
> 500ml MSR fuel bottle (guess)           96         3.39       i
> 0.85L MSR Titan Kettle  (guess)         128        4.5        i
> lexan spoon                             10         0.35       i
> 4L Platypus Big Zip                     84         2.96       i
> 2 20oz soda bottles for water*          0          0.0        i
> SWA inline water filter                 140        4.94       i

You might as well carry tablets and use your bandanna...

> Misc. hiking Essentials
> Toiletries kit**                        216        7.62       I
> First Aid kit**                         190        6.70       i
> keychain w/red & white Photon, knife    76         2.68       w
> yellow photon with tent clip            7          0.25       i
> wallet                                  72         2.54       w

This IS just a ziploc bag, right?...

> 50' rope	                               70
> 2.47	      I

Not necessary really, but I never go anywhere without one myself...

> food bag	                               68
> 2.40	      I
> food bag	                               68
> 2.40	      I
> 2 bandana*                              0.00       0
> compass                                 22         0.78       w
> monocular                               90         3.17       w

Naah...

> plastic trowel                          52         1.83       I

That is what sticks are made for...

> AT books/map (average guess)            400        14.11      i
>
> Misc. hiking optionals
> Nikon Coolpix 950 w/ batteries          486                   w
> MessagePad 2100 w/batteries             650        22.93      I
> Newton Keyboard (may not take)          258        9.10       i
> small pouch for camera equipment        190        6.70       w
>        (includes 22g strap)
> mini tripod (Q-Pod)                     58         2.05       w
> JAR LCD sun shield                      8          0.28       w
> 4 AA batteries                          72         2.54       I
> Food, Water, & Fuel
> 5 days of food                          3,400      119.93     i
> 1L Water average                        1,000      35.27      i
> 500ml alcohol                           333        11.75      i

Actually, at the total weight you gave, you aren't doing bad at all!

Lee I Joe