Re: [at-l] Beware of people packing PC's

I finally found a use for a watch with a compass.

I was trying to create a panoramic picture that would eventually become a
virtual panorama that people could move around  in on the web (QuickTime
VR and that type of stuff). I don't have a nice tripod with a swivel head
that I can set to just move in precise increments like 35* or 88*. I just
have to eyeball it and hope the camera is level all the way around. I had
the idea of using my compass to help in the task, but it was really
difficult keeping the compass in view, lined up well with the camera and
trying to see what I needed to see (remember my vision is poor). This was
especially tough when using a monopod which is what I'd take on a
multi-day trip (monopod/hiking stick). If the compass had been on my
wrist displaying nice large numbers I could have done this much more
easily and probably created a halfway decent panorama isntead of the
somewhat icky one I was finally able to get.

Of course, such a watch probably isn't that much less (or more) than
getting a proper swivel head. :)

KC, wHich one have you got?

  ** Ken **

**        krk@home.msen.com           http://home.msen.com/~krk     **