Re: [at-l] Detracting from my hike

In a message dated 03/10/2000 12:53:01 PM EDT, TOKTAADN@aol.com writes:

<< Amidst all this talk of high tech intrusions on to the Trail, let me state
 that the worst intrusion into my hiking experience is anyone who chooses to
 smoke any substance within my smelling range, fouling the sweet air I wish
 breathe.

Reminds me of the time I was hiking from Neels Gap to Unicoi Gap. Was at the
Low Gap Shelter when another hiker pulled out a large bag of pot. Nice guy he
asked everyone there if they would like some. Everyone said no. He then went
away form the shelter and smoked a couple of joints.

At the shelter was the pot smoker, me and a group of five (5) Law Enforcement
Officers. Should have seen his face when at Unicoi Gap they all pulled out
their badges. Then it was off to jail for him.

Wildbill