Re: [at-l] bird song tapes?

In a message dated 3/10/2000 4:07:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
krk@home.msen.com writes:

<< Does anyone know where I might find tapes that identifiy bird songs? I
 know I won't see the birds on the AT,  >>
 Peterson's field guide to Eastern Bird Song is available at most large
bookstores.
 The late Roger Tory Peterson just about 'invented' field guides, and his
bird song tapes are excellent. From the White Throated Sparrow's
'poor-sam-pea-body', the warblers whistling, to the wood thrushes' haunting
flute-like song, the tapes include most of the calls you'd hear on an
Appalachian hike. Don't be so sure you won't see birds, because in the
spring, before the trees leaf out, you'll see many along the trails and
streams in their bright breeding plumage. You might want to check-out the
illustrated guides, too. It helps to match pictures with the songs, and many
of the birds you'll encounter aren't singers.
 TJ