RE: [at-l] Ibuprofen...

I understand that, but probably this worry is a bit excessive. Remeber,
much of the warnings on medicine bottles are from product liability
lawyers, rather than based on medical risks. There is also the problem of
regulatory issues as the FDA dictates the wording as a quid pro quo for the
privilege to sell Ibuprophen over the counter (in much lower dosages than
usually given chronically for arthritis).

There is some risk for those using analgesics and ignoring the beneficial
warning of pain. There is some risk in chronic use. Those needing it
chronically would do well to get medical attention to find out why they
need it, if better options exist, and what risks of complications they may
have.

But in general, Ibuprophen is very safe - probably safer than Tylenol.
Those who postpone evaluation and treatment of an injury will probably find
many opportunities to develop a chronic problem, with Ibuprophen only a
minor actor in this play.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA