Re: [at-l] Computers on the Trail, yea or nay?

Jack and others,

I am a super laid back person. If someone takes a computer, or any bit of
technology on the trail, I'm not going to let it ruin my entire trip...
heck... I'm not even going to let it ruin that HOUR. Computer? Fine. Cell
Phone? Fine. GPS? Fine. Wear a teddy? Fine. Carry a pink flamingo? Fine.
It's just not worth getting in a huff over, and I would never judge a person
based on such a thing. And, I'd like to think that the vast majority of
people who take six months off work to walk across America are equally as
laid back... you have to admit, it's a pretty laid back thing to do.

I think that individual personalities on the trail will "bother" me far more
than any inanimate object ever will... well, unless I'm forced to carry that
inanimate object for somebody.  :-)

Granted, my views may change after I complete the trail, but these things
don't bother me in the Colorado backcountry. Plus, I'll never stop being a
laid back person.

Kristen