Re: [at-l] Computers on the Trail, yea or nay?

>     1)Do you feel comfortable with hikers who are packing computers?

Jack,  I think it is something we are going to have to get used to and
accept.   It is like the other high tech stuff that has invaded us.

>     2)Do you feel computers and other hi-tech links to the outside
> world are
> intrusive, harmful to ones' "wilderness" experience, and are
> out-of-place on
> the A.T.?

One of the reasons I go to the wilderness is to forget about computers.
I spend my working days looking inside of one and trying to repair them.
I like to forget them for a few days.

>     3)Do you feel that if used discreetly and privately that it's OK
> to carry and use a computer?

This will never be done.  The ones who carry them will think they have a
right, irregardless what your opinion is.
Plodder

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagh.