Re: [at-l] Computers on the Trail, yea or nay?

Jack Tarlin wrote:

>  ... So here's my questions to you guys:
>
>     1)Do you feel comfortable with hikers who are packing computers?

NO!!

>     2)Do you feel computers and other hi-tech links to the outside world are
> intrusive, harmful to ones' "wilderness" experience, and are out-of-place on
> the A.T.?

INTRUSIVE! HARMFUL! OUT-OF-PLACE!

(sorry for the shouting, but I feel strongly about this)

>     3)Do you feel that if used discreetly and privately that it's OK to
> carry and use a computer?

Maybe. Probably. Hike your own hike. If you want to use a computer, it's your
business - just please don't make it mine.

>     4)How do feel the majority of the A.T. community feels about this?

I speak for me. But I think most hikers would agree.

>     5)Do you not really care one way or the other?

I VERY MUCH CARE (shouting again. Excuse me.)

- Gary from Fairfax

Gary Ticknor, Fairfax VA