[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [at-l] Buffington's thru-hike prep / web journal
- Subject: Re: [at-l] Buffington's thru-hike prep / web journal
- From: Tim Hewitt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 11:29:21 -0500
- Organization: Fairchild Semiconductor
> So...comments on how some of you interacted with getting your journal notes
> to the web, eventually?
I live high tech in my daily life. Here is my standard email
Principal Software Engineer
I decided that I would not do high-tech at all on my hike. I did
not even get on the Internet or send mail from Damascus or Hot Springs,
or any place else terminals were available.
I wrote my journal by hand and mailed the entries home every time
I was in town. My food boxes contained stamped, self-addressed
envelopes and that was that.
My wife and mother-in-law did the transcription to the web.
Worked for me.
Tim Hewitt, Editor
Appalachian Trail Stories
* From the AT-L | Need help? http://www.backcountry.net/faq.html *