Re: [at-l] Avery Awards

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000 20:22:40 EST DaRedhead@aol.com writes:

>   And they don't want people lurking in tree's to check on THEIR hike.

I enjoy shaking those trees --

> Because the hiking community as a whole doesn't need that kind of
> divisiveness.

You're right - but he does.  It's the only way he can cut a piece of the
pie down to his size -- extra small.

> Who's to say whats harder - taking 6 months to hike the whole
> thing? Or being a section hiker, and driving maybe 700 miles every
> time you did a section?

I'll tell you - section hiking is a LOT harder.  Been there and done
both.

> if everyone has the good sense to
> ignore this award, and rely instead upon the small token of faith
> that you made it the whole way, whether in weeks or months or years,
then it
> will fail - as it should.

If you can't ignore it -- then laugh at it.  Laughter is deadly.

Hang in there, Red -
Jim

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.