Re: [at-l] Avery Awards

In a message dated 3/6/2000 7:04:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hikeusa@freewwweb.com writes:

<< Wingfoots words about Myron Avery are below. >>
Interesting.
Myron's son Robert was retired and living in Bar Harbor last I knew,
I wonder what he would have to say about the "Avery" award?
Myron Avery never 'thruhiked', he was however, the first to 'do' every mile
of the AT,
with his famous measuring wheel. It was Myron who pushed to have the
AT end at Katahdin, and not at Mt Washington. I'm not sure I follow the logic
in naming a thruhiking award after Avery. But then, this isn't about 'awards',
now is it?
TJ