[at-l] Day Hike Advice

I am wanting to do a day hike with a friend ( a non-hiking friend in okay
shape) this weekend.  I'd prefer a) that it work out as a loop so we only
need one car and b) that at some point it include the AT and c) it not be too
strenuous for a newbie.

I'd also prefer it to be between Iron Mountain Gap and Damascus.   Anyone got
any brilliant ideas? :)  Water would be nice too (i.e. a nice stream to sit
by for lunch, for example :)).

Thanks in advance (and let me know if there's no such animal . . . )

The Redhead