[at-l] PRESS RELEASE: Appalachian Trail Stories, Volume I

I tried to post this on another list, and it was
characterized by that list owner as an advertisement
that I should pay for, and further was:

   "...raid[ing] the user base of [xxx]. I've
   spent three-plus years building..."

Please hit the delete key now if you are easily
offended. I've posted this on the ALDHA list, and
been asked now by two ALDHA listers to post it here
as well.

You've all seen the information before, and I won't
post it again any time soon.

Please forgive me in advance for the duplication and
any transgressions that I may be committing by posting
this blatant propaganda on AT-L.

-Paddler

-------------
Press Release:
-------------

Writers Wanted!  Tim "Paddler" Hewitt has kicked
off a book project to publish the stories of
Appalachian Trail thru-hikers and section hikers
who may not feel they have enough material, or the
desire, to publish their own book.

Appalachian Trail Stories, Volume I, is a cooperative
book project, focused on hiking stories, poetry, prose,
fact, myth and fiction surrounding the Appalachian
Trail. It is the first in a planned series of books
capturing the experiences and thoughts of hikers on
the AT, that is destined to spark the thru-hiking
dream in outdoor enthusiasts of all ages. The mission
of Appalachian Trail Stories, is to raise the awareness
of this special trail in the hearts of Americans, and
see that our priceless natural resources like the
Appalachian Trail are preserved for generations to come.

"Paddler" thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail from
Georgia to Maine in 1999, and while doing so, was
constantly entertained by stories told by hikers he
met along the trail. "The variety of interesting
characters who decide to walk 2100 miles from Georgia
to Maine is simply amazing. It is important to get these
stories on paper. To get them in front of the world."

If you have an interest in participating in the project,
or simply want more information, please visit the Trail
Stories website at http://www.trailstories.com.

Questions and comments are welcome.

-Paddler
--