Re: [at-l] jury duty

If you get a notice, then call (or have your support person call) to say
that you are out of state for several months, but would be willing to
serve when you return. They're usually pretty good about deferring it,
especially if you do get in touch and let them know you're willing.  Just
don't ignore it completely - I think that's contempt of court or
something. In MD they send out a pre-notice a few months before the
actual jury dates asking whether you are still available.  (I've gotten
notices twice a couple of years after I had moved out of state. They
don't update the voter rolls very often.) this was the first time I've
ever gotten as far as the courthouse. Still haven't made it into a court
room yet, maybe next time ;-)

Ginny