Re: [at-l] Infestation consternation

Navigator,

If you're squeamish about killing them, then I guess live traps and
relocation is the only other option.  I don't think there's anything that
you can do that would keep them from coming around.  Growing up in the
country, we used live traps to catch raccoons and possums that would tear up
our garden, raid our fruit trees and and destroy our grape vines; however,
we only did it because most were only out at night when we were asleep.
Preferred method was a shotgun if we saw them.

Havahart is a big name in live traps.  There are competing brands, but make
sure you get one big enough, and strong enough, to handle a mad raccoon;
they can tear up an inferior trap.

http://www.havahart.com/

Here's a picture of one at a site you can order.  To find others, just do an
internet search for havahart or live animal traps.  I haven't looked for one
in a while, but many general stores carry them, and maybe Walmart or feed &
seed stores.

http://www.animaltraps.com/raccoon.htm

They're not real cheap, but it sounds like it might save you money, and
worry, in the long run.

Good luck,

Tim Rich
Kennesaw, GA