[at-l] Infestation consternation

Raccoons. Eight of them, plus a pregnant mama about to pop out some more.
They scamper over my roof, waking me up. They raid the horse trough, steal
the eggs from under the geese, taunt the dog to the end of his lead.
Varmints. Boldly strolling through the yard in the middle of the day, lurking
under my car.

With a couple small children around, I'm worried about how bold these
critters have gotten. Anyone have any ideas on how to chase off raccoons
permanently? And no, I don't own a shotgun.

Cheers, Navigator