Re: [at-l] Re: Debates...

You know I don't think I've ever benn called a "yankee" to my face
anywhere I've been in Europe. Must not be going to the right spots. I'm
having a hard time recalling any instance where I've heard "yank" used as
a nickname for "yankee" too. It seems like it must have happened, but I
can't think of an occurance. I'm just a guy from "The States."  I'll have
to pay closer attention later this year when I'm in England and the
Netherlands.

  ** Ken **

ps- On the subject of words and their usage: when I get to do my AT hike
this year at least I'll get to hear people, well some anyway, refer to
soda fountain drink as a soda instead of "pop." Yipppeeeee.... Ain't
language great....

**        krk@home.msen.com           http://home.msen.com/~krk     **