Re: Guide Books was: Re: [at-l] introduction - More!

OOPs
you forgot the set of books from Stackpole Press entitled
_Exploring_the_Appalachian_Trail

a) Hikes in the Southern Appalachians - Ga, NC, Tn
b) Hikes in the Virginias - Va, WV
c) Hikes in the Mid-Atlantic - Md, Pa, NJ, NY
d) Hikes in Southern New England - Ct, Ma, Vt
e) Hikes in Northern New England - NH, Me

These books take the AT and describe it like a travelogue.  Each section is
broken down into day hikes if possible and places to camp, if not, with
information on Maps, Recommended Direction, Distance, Elevation gain,
Effort, Duration, and Early-exit options.  Each section includes a
Narrative, Trail Profile, Topo Map, and Itinerary.

I recommend these books for those doing Section Hikes especially.

Coosa