[at-l] The Other List-----

Not to stretch the WF thread any thinner, but.........I got my copy of Maine
Rose's book today.  In the intro, she talks about how she and WF conceived
the book and carried it out.  That reminded me of the fact that several
years ago, like three, he promised a women hikers' book.  I kept e-mailing
him asking when it would be out.  It was always a season away.  Finally, my
understanding is that he dumped the project at the last minute, maybe when
he off-loaded the Women's AT List, and another publisher had to be located.
At any rate, it's a nice book, and I'm not sure that thanks go to him.  Nice
tip of the hat, too, to Earthworm, who did an extensive bibliography.  Good
job!  Leslie