Re: [at-l] A Question

What's wrong with the trail over Albert Mtn?  :-)

Here's a typical conversation I had often in the miles after going over
Albert...

Some random northbounder(SRN):  So, what are the White Mountains like?

Me: Well, do you remember the last 200' of climbing over Mt. Albert?
Imagine that for 2000'.

SRN:  What?  No way!

Me:  Yes, well, not for all of it, but for quite a few of the major climbs
out of the Notches.

SRN:  I can't do that!

Me:  By the time you get there, you WILL be able to do it.  You just have to
plan on going slow.

etc.  etc.

:-)

Mara