Re: [at-l] Companion vs Handbook...

Nicely said.  Gotta admit that, tho I tried to make all my journal and
register entries positive (anything can be couched in positive terms, I
suppose), I got the biggest kick out of the fumin' and cussin' in the
registers that said just what I felt -- or was glad I didn't -- at day's
end.

I similarly enjoyed the Rodale journals -- because they were hike after hike
with the personality of a different "partner" oozing through the info. For
me, hiking is a matter of crabbin' and whinin' up to glory, over and over
again.

I'm with you; I can stand a little nattering in my prose.