Re: [at-l] More threats and misinformation . . .

At 11:46 AM 2/29/00 -0500, Jim Owen wrote:
..clip..
>His intent is obvious to some of us - to be THE ONE AND ONLY AT TRAIL
>EXPERT. ..clip.. - I've run into a lot of
>people who inhabit his list only because they think the technical
>information is worth it.  Really??

If people are hanging around him (or any past thru-hiker) for "technical
information" that's truly sad. I've read *a lot* of AT thru-hike accounts
and have yet to read even one who credited his or her success to the
"technical information" they recieved from a past thru-hiker. In fact I
have yet to read one *casual mention* of how such "technical information"
helped them at all. If that's the reason to hang out with him, it's no
reason at all.

Saunterer