Re: [at-l] More threats and misinformation . . .

I'd like to see this list get to where the mention of WF doesn't generate
110 messages per hour.  OrangeBug is right - it raises our collective
blood pressure and doesn't hurt him at all.  In fact, it probably gives
him a lot of satisfaction to have that kind of power.  And yes - he does
know what happens on this list.  If he's not on the list himself, then
there are those who inform him (spies???).  The beginning of this thread
provided direct evidence of that.  You don't want my comments.

His intent is obvious to some of us - to be THE ONE AND ONLY AT TRAIL
EXPERT.  Fortunately, the trail will outlive him.  And ATC and ALDHA will
survive.  The unfortunate part is that he will (in fact, has) poisoned a
number of minds - and there's nothing any of us can do about that.  But
he hasn't reached as many as you might think - I've run into a lot of
people who inhabit his list only because they think the technical
information is worth it.  Really??

Just be aware that he does know who says what  on this list and when the
AT police start dragging people off to the Wingfoot Trail Re-education
Camps, ya'll will be at the head of the list.  Take pride in that.  :-))

Walk softly,
Jim

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 10:00:46 -0500 "W F Thorneloe, MD"
<thornel@attglobal.net> writes:
> Let me agree with BMC on this one. WF has the bunch of us jumping on
> bandwagon, reacting as if he is the powerful force that can shut
> down our
> sport. If there is a question of ownership or authorship of trail
> guides,
> by all means a fact finder (judge or jury) may be helpful.
>
> If we decide to take a deep breath, we might reconsider all the
> complaints
> of poor income and such. If the handbook provides such little
> income, there
> may be little financial injury. There may be too little money at
> stake to
> interest a lawyer working on contingency. Even if there is such a
> large
> stake, we can be certain that ALDHA and ATC are insured for such
> contingencies.
>
> WF has taken a lot of heat over the past 2 years, and it has shown
> with a
> series of strange events. His feelings are easily hurt. He is at
> least as
> guilty as any of us in hitting the SEND button before engaging the
> THINK
> ABOUT IT button. I think we can survive better allowing him to do
> what he
> pleases with his business. I think our agitation over these messages
>
> confers far more power than is appropriate to this fellow hiker.
>
> Can we try to "Hike your own hike?"
>
> OrangeBug
> Atlanta, GA
>
> At 07:07 AM 2/29/2000, woodelf@juno.com wrote:
> >Sounds to me like it's all about money. A lot of it will be our
> money if
> >he does sue ALDHA and the ATC. What a shame to be in position to do
> so
> >much good and then to squander it all on narrow minded ideas and
> >vindictiveness. I pity him, life must be a real hell for someone
> who
> >imagines himself so persecuted.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.