Cc:            <at-l@backcountry.net>
From:          "Coosa" <coosa@fox21.net>
Date:          Tue, 29 Feb 2000 08:10:07 -0500
Subject:       Re: [at-l] Flip Flopping

I'm wondering if this is not more of a "personality type" thing -- you know
that introvert-extrovert etc stuff (Miller Analogy?)  Been too long since I
left a classroom.

I'm a Trail Angel and Section Hiker. besides being a Senior Blonde Redneck
(well, two out of three)  -- If anyone should "feel" ostracized by the
established community and the thruhikers, I would not hesitate to state that
I qualify.

However!  My personality (which I unabashedly credit to my mother, who
willingly accepts the credit) refuses to let any negative comments deter me
from being accepted by everyone.  I figure if someone doesn't "like" me,
it's because they're having a "bad-like" day (akin to a bad-hair day) and
that eventually they will at least tolerate me, which is the bottom rung of
total acceptance.

If I upset too many people, I easily apologize, and what do you do with
someone who is willing to do that?   You don't stay angry for long . . . .
do you?   Because I am sincere -- my apologies are totally heartfelt.  I
learn from my mistakes.

I am also a believer in laughter -- if you can't laugh with me, just laugh
at me.  Laughter is good for your health, so let me help you be healthy.

I said that to say this:   I am accepted by individual  Thru Hikers, the
Establishment, Day Hikers, the Trail Community, the local communities, the
tourists, the turons, the outsiders, the insiders, etc, ad nauseum ad
nauseum.

Why?  Because I am "Coosa" -- known just about all around the world as "The
Trail Angel in North Georgia" and known everywhere as "the (senior) lady who
makes me laugh" --

Point deux -- any hike is what you make it.  If it's a business trip, you
treat it as one, if it's a party, you treat it as one, if it's a search for
truth, you treat it as one, if it's solitude amid the masses, you treat it
as one.    My personality says: "Life's a party and I'm the guest of honor
and often the hostess as well!"

Hike yer own hike, live yer own life, enjoy, it's temporary, after all,
Coosa