Re: [at-l] Flip Flopping

In a message dated 2/25/00 4:54:57 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
thewitt@fairchildsemi.com writes:

<< He said he never felt like he was a part of the trail community. I
 don't know if he finished. I did not see him again after PA. He just
 didn't seem to be having any fun, and would not open up to anyone
 at all - sort of like the way you treat weekenders; not wanting to
 make the emotional committment for just a night's talk.

This has to be a young man thing. I mean, when we get into our 40's, do we
still crave being apart of stuff the way we were in high school?

I doubt, as a middle aged women,  that I am gonna find all that much
camaraderie on the trail. From other older ladies that have hiked, I have
been told that I will take to these young guys like they were my kids. I
never had any kids so I kinda doubt that. Men have this idea about reliving
the past. I sure don't. I just want to hike.

           Cheryl