Cc:            <at-l@backcountry.net>
From:          "Coosa" <coosa@fox21.net>
Date:          Sun, 27 Feb 2000 00:01:45 -0500
Subject:       Re: Re: [at-l] more boring gear talk

Lest we forget, dear hikers, not everyone has a body frame to fit just any
old pack.  The Dana JetPack (http://www.killerdeals.com) is the ONLY pack
that's built for my structure.   I have tried, believe me, to find another
lighter pack, but I always come back to this one.

Let us also remember that not every body can lay on a Z or similarly styled
pad and wake up refreshed in the morning -- some of us have hip problems,
back problems, etc.  A hiker cannot forego comfort for weight at the point
that discomfort means inablity to backpack because of pain.

Let us also recall that not every sleeping bag is suitable for every person.
Some are so constructed as to be constrictive.  Others just are NOT what
they're temperature is claimed to be.

Solution, if possible RENT before you purchase!

Coosa