RE: [at-l] Va. weekend hikes

good parking for a handful of cars (limited ?) at Trout Creek - a residence
is also nearby to the east -
dirt road in from west Craig County side with "private bridge" will slow -
longer but mostly paved in from Roanoke County (VA 624 ?) - watch out for
obscure right hand turn or you'll dead end this way.
small parking lot at *next* AT road crossing going south.

i've been by Dragon's tooth twice and each time encountered a rattle snake
on the AT near there - they didn't move off either.

"the goats" are notorious on the second mt going south (sinking spring mt ?)
you know how it is when your spring is sinking - you're pretty much sunk
;-)

Happy Trails,
                   -Running Bear - Downingtown PA - gnyce@wcupa.edu