[at-l] re: sleeping pad

Ayup, a sleeping pad totally depends on the person.

I am somwhat short, so the 3/4 length pad is golden for me. I DO NOT need a full length pad of 6'.  So,  the trick of putting my pack under my feet for cooler nights works well. (Winter camping, I use the 3/4 length pad AND a full length pad).

On a similar point, I can sleep on just about anything. My prefered type of mattress is a hard one, so the Z-rest is quite good for my needs. Look me up 20 yrs from when I am in my mid-40s, and I might change my tune. :-)

If I can ever drag my dad out for a camping trip, he would probably prefer the therma-rest. Does not matter how much weight you save, if you can't sleep, you can't hike. So the extra weight of a therma-rest is not really all that much extra weight.

So, to make a long post short: YMMV!!!!!

Mags