Re: [at-l] more boring gear talk

> << I envy all you 3/4th pad people-- <snip> Even if the rest of me is warm, if my lower half touches the ground at all--esp. feet--I freeze.  I've actually been cold in heat waves when in the shade.  >>

 I have used a short pad and then placed my pack under my legs.  (I have even been downright decadent -- using my regular thermarest -folded- under my upper half and then the pack under my legs -- ah! Now you are talking comfort!)

This method insulates from the ground and has the added bonus of providing a bit of elevation for my legs -- something my back appreciates!  The triple bonus is that you have all of your gear stashed in one confined area and not spread all over the place.

Trailmixup