Re: [at-l] Flip Flopping (was No Restrictions on..)

At 07:16 PM 2/24/00 -0500, bullard@northnet.org wrote:

>I don't understand how a flip flop avoids the hiker crunch. You start with
>all the other North (or South) bounders then when the hike is half over and

If you know you're going to flip, you can start later in the Spring--say
May.  Hike north for three months, then start south from Katahdin in
August, finishing at the end of October.  You could even start in June and
finish in November.  Not sure I'd want to hike down south in June...

R.