Re: [at-l] more boring gear talk

In a message dated 02/24/2000 3:08:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ejbaker@sover.net writes:

> Any suggestions on bags that have kept people (med to short women esp.
>  I'm around 5'5") warm?  Companies you've had good experiences with?

I'm 5'5", and have been using a 20-degree Sierra Designs Calamity Jane for
the past 4 years. IT ISN'T WARM ENOUGH! Even when it's 40 F outside!!! And on
my last trip (Cumberland), the zipper gave up the ghost.

SO...I ordered a Kelty Serrano 0-degree bag. It weighs 1/2 pound more than
the Sierra did -- at 3-1/2 lbs -- but is toasty, toasty warm and comfy, nice
and wide around the shoulders for my broad shoulders (Sierra didn't cut it
there for me either). It's just a couple inches longer than me so it fits
well. I'll be testing it out next weekend. I sleep cold, so I went for
overkill on warmth.

Cheers, Navigator
PS. It's on sale right now, closeout, on the rei webpage...or at least WAS on
sale 2 weeks ago, LOL!