Re: Re: [at-l] more boring gear talk

In a message dated 2/24/00, 12:52:56 PM, mfuller@somtel.com writes:
<<I have a somewhat larger than one liter stainless pot
with a tight-fitting lid and folding handle that weighs
all of nine ounces when it's not encrusted with Zip
stove creosote. You have to be really hardcore to spend
40+ extra dollars to save maybe two ounces of weight.>>

Is it really that little of a difference?  A friend of mine has the titanium
pot, while I had the stainless steel one, same size . . . there sure FELT
like a lot more weight difference than that.  I got the titanium fork and
spoon ('cause it was free) and I KNOW they are much lighter than the ones I
carried before.  Of course, I've never in my life packed even remotely light.
 I'm trying to change that.  I must admit, while I wouldn't describe myself
as hardcore - maybe more like "lightweight wannabe" <g> - if I could get a
deal on the titanium pot/s, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

The Redhead