Re: [at-l] Winter Camping Advice

Can't be an Indiana thing, because my experiences were in Connecticut, but only twice have I ever been out with persons who did not sleep with their boots. Both times, the disastrous results of ironclad boots kept others standing around waiting in the cold while Numbnuts (no exaggeration there) wrestled with the frozen footwear. To be complete, though, one should note that these were leather mountain boots, not the synthetic glorified slippers which pass for "hiking boots" today. I wonder if synthetics freeze like that? Fee? Dee?

>>> "Orosz Asylum" <dorosz@cl-sys.com> 02/23/00 11:31PM >>>
I vote with Felix on this one.  Warm boots, warm feet, warm feet not nearly
as likely to get injured.
Dennis
> I shall strongly take the opposite stance...in warm boots. The most
fisical pain > I was in on the entire trip was the direct result of frozen boots.