The 14 Great Secrets of Maledom was Re: [at-l] more boring gear talk

Careful, Hiker Studness! You're coming perilously close to revealing one of the 14 Great Secrets of Maledom on a public forum, and any non-male type listers studious enough to assemble them all could bring about SERIOUS sociological turmoil. Observe: a quick survey of non-males who knew the Great 14 ---
Oprah Winfrey          — no accident; from Steadman.
Margaret Thatcher    — read off the bathroom walls at 14 Downing Street.
Eleanor Roosevelt      — from FDR; ran country in FDR's stead.
Mary Todd Lincoln    — from Abe; nearly lost her mind.
Sacajeweah              — spent months backcountry with Lewis&Clark Exped.
Salem Witch Trials   — you think this was about Goody Smyth's baking?
Joan of Arc                — burned at the stake. Don't be naive; you know why.
In this, "The Information Age," supreme vigilance is required to maintain the secrets of Maledom. There may come a time when someone could go to their internet search engine, type in "14 Great Secrets..." and Poomp! Out pops the list, right there, for all to see. One slip here, one slip there, and up comes the Big 14. Then Chaos. Anarchy. Turmoil. Dogs and cats, sleeping together. Why, my simply stating that there ARE such secrets is itself a breach of security, and I shall punish myself forthwith. Please act with great care.

Yours with a big "Y" chromosome,
Studtoe

In a message dated 2/24/00 9:29:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, kahley7@ptd.net writes:
> If you remove the handle, it weighs only grams more than the
>  titi I compared>  in to several Rucks ago.

And who likes lightweight titis anyway?  :)

I fought back the urge to reply, but lost!

Happy trails,

Solar Bear

"The true profession of a man is to find his way to himself."  Still looking,
but I'm not finding any blazes.  :)