Re: [at-l] Winter Camping Advice

<< Anyway, hypothermia isn't so bad once you get past the shivering. >>

;-)   Yes.  I have read up on winter camping and the perils it can bring.
It's one of the reasons I would never attempt it alone, and for now will only
attempt it when I have a "safety" of a lodge or similar to which to retreat.

One of the best articles that I have ever read on the topic was one in
Outside magazine.  The author tells it in the 2nd person, making the reader
really "feel" the cold and discomfort.  He takes the reader through the
various stages, ending with the inevitable lethargy that occurs as the
hypothermia progresses.

It was a February issue (maybe January?) and it was in '97 (or perhaps it was
'96?), I believe.  Irontrap mind, I have here, eh?

Trailmixup