Re: [at-l] My first winter overnighter

Sounds like a neat trip report. Here's my few questions and queries, as I
would like to try winter hiking too, especially if I ever get the interest
in Smokies in early Spring.

Do you think you ate enough for supper? Did your warming up indoors for
supper sap your cold tolerance? What sort of bag did you sleep in (was the
20 degree rating realistic)? How big is that tent (the smaller the volume
you warm up, the easier it is to keep warm)? Did you wear a fleece cap into
the sleeping bag? It sounds like you had good insulation below you.

I sure feel for you over that Nature's Call at 4AM and 25 degrees! At least
you probably didn't need to bear bag!

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA