Re: [at-l] funny true story that is kind of trail related

At 03:46 PM 2/21/00 EST, ATnavi@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 02/21/2000 12:56:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rpb@eoni.com
>writes:
>
>> And a childhood with woods to play in may just be the best thing going.
>
>Hear, hear, Rick!
>
>I KNOW my love of the woods grows out of childhood experience. Not only was
>there an empty wooded lot behind my house -- with HUGE boulders and dense
>brush to explore --

I grew up in the country with a State Reforestation Project behind my
parent's 20 acres. There was meandering Gulf about a half mile back that
was 80-100 feet deep (150 feet farther downstream). My brother and I spent
many hours there playing and swimming in the deeper holes along the brook
at it's bottom. I went back a couple of years ago to take my grown up kids
to see it. It's still a magical place but unfortunately the ATV crowd has
found it. There's nothing to spoil a nice outing in the wild like the sound
of a two cycle engine echoing off the shale walls as they roar through.

Saunterer