RE: [at-l] A quiet Day on the List

> > Everyone must be hiking.  I hope so. It was a good
> day for it. We went
> > out to the AT near Washington Monument. The snow
> was crunchy underfoot
> > and melting rapidly.  Did a lot of slipping
> andsliding, but a
> > good time
> > was had by all.

I wish I could've been hiking. But no, I've been at
the office all day. :(

I got to go hiking yesterday, and that was a pretty
exciting adventure. I was one of the "trip leaders"
for a large group of (mostly) novice Louisiana hikers.
I had planned for a nice, easy hike, but my plans are
always going awry. Not only did we encounter a forest
fire, but we were resting by a waterfall when  a man
(not from our group) fell down a 20-foot bluff and
sprained his ankle. Fortunately, someone in our group
was confident enough in his first-aid abilities to
waste no time in helping the man sit up and wrapping
his foot with duct tape so we could eventually help
him out of the area. It had a happy ending, but the
whole incident made me realize that I need to be more
confident in my first-aid skills before I'm in charge
of a group again.

We were at the Clark Creek Natural Area of the Tunica
Hills Wilderness in Mississippi. Very pretty
place--and usually not THAT exciting a hike! After
all, the whole trail is only 2.6 miles long, and not
very difficult. Hopefully my next hike will be a
little more boring! :)

Nina

=====
"Every thing possible to be believ'd is an image of truth."
 -- William Blake

Life ain't short, it's TALL! Grab a straw!

January 1, 2000: I have climbed the great mountain!
http://americasroof.com/la.html