Re: [at-l] shelters---

"Richard S. Lubitz" wrote:

> The Letterrock shelter (now called Wm Brien Memorial shelter) in Harriman
> Park (NY) is across a clearing from the AT.  Coming northbound, if you
> head for the shelter upon seeing it, (the beaten path) you cannot see the
> next white blaze.  To see where the trail goes, (right up a rock slide)
> you have to cross the clearing to find the blaze.

Not any better coming south.  I had to go back up the rock slide to spot the
blazes away off across the clearing - none were visible from the shelter.
Spent a good 10-15 mins looking.  I found the blazes sparse in this area and
after Hugo the leaf litter had wash back into the treadway making it hard to
find the trail at times.

later
Big Bird