Re: [at-l] Hello from new person on the list

Glyn, we live in Maryland and have found that there are a lot of hiking
groups in the DC area. If you go on dayhikes with a group, you might find
a good partner for longer trips. Northern Virginia Hiking club is a good
one and the Wanderbirds does short hikes. Also, go out on some of the
PATC maintaining trips - there are a lot of backpackers who also maintain
trail. (We do maintenance in PA with KTA - we backpack with friends there
on the long weekends. PATC has a forum (check their website) - you might
monitor that for a while and see if you can find local people who might
be interested in going backpacking.  OR, you can always go alone. If you
hike the AT in summer, you will meet other hikers, guaranteed. If you
prefer solitude, hike some of the other trails - i.e. those in the
Shenandoah that start in the valley and go up to the ridges or trails in
Pennsylvnia.

Good luck and good hiking.
Ginny

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:36:58 -0500 "Clayton, Glyn"
<Glyn.Clayton@wang.com> writes:

> I live in Northern Virginia, do sections of the AT at a time, so far
> just > one night, but I would be up for 2 nights.  I like to hike
slowly
> and see > what there is to see along the trial and enjoy the camping
part as
> much as > the hike.  I hike with my German Shepherd.
>>
> >I love to backpack, but my backpacking buddy is tied up with a new
> baby, >and> >my husband's idea of roughing it is a hotel without room
service.
> I would> >prefer not to hit the trail alone.  Where do people find
other
> people to> >hike with?

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.