Re: [at-l] Question about a section

In a message dated 02/18/2000 10:07:32 AM EDT, DaRedhead@aol.com writes:

<< I'm going to do a short section next weekend from Allen Gap to Hot
Springs.
 Not having a guide or map handy here at work, can someone tell me

 a) How far to the first shelter?
 b) What's the water situation?
 c) If we hit the Trail Friday after work (which means late in the day), will
 we come upon a good tenting place within a reasonable amount of miles?
We'll
 basically only have Saturday to hike, with the exception of however far we
 get Friday night. >>

2.2 miles  - Pass spring ten feet to right in ravine.
3.7 Miles  - Spring 75 yards down NC side, opposite shelter
6.4 miles  - Cross head of ravine with good spring on right and good campsite.
7.4 miles  - Cross footlog below good spring
9.6 miles  - Pass USFS road with gate (Piped spring is 50 feet beyond gate)
9.8 miles  - In saddle , trail turns right downhill through grassy field to
pond. Pass above boxedspring and along pond (excellent campsite) to dam
14.5 miles Hot Springs Post Office

Info from the Ninth Edition  TN-NC AT guide book.

Wildbill