Re: [at-l] Frye Notch, again

The Weathercarrot wrote:

> Sir Felix hath bestowed upon us:
>
> >>Hey, don't nobody know nothin' 'bout Frye Notch? I can't remember it.
> >>(Could be one of those sections I yellow-blazed.) <<
>
> Frye Notch Lean-to, in southern Maine (between Baldpate and Andover) ranks
> in the top five "least remembered" shelters on the AT. The other four (in
> random order):
>
> Eagle's Nest
> Carlo Col
> Lost Pond
> Rutherford
>
> Can't remember which states they're in? Exactly.   :-)

Well, tell me something about Frye Notch, won't you?  I remember Carlo Col
cause it was a long way off the AT and the water was a puddle. Nice structure,
though.  I stayed at Lost Pond.  Rutherford is the one WAAAAAYYYYY off the
Trail in Joisy.  I've never heard of Eagle's Nest and think that you are
making it up to make me look like a damned fool.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98