[at-l] History of the Thru-Hiker Guide's

I would like to make a few comments about the following post::

"Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 03:00:25 EST
From: "The Weathercarrot" <weathercarrot2@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [at-l] History of the Thru-Hiker Guide's

In the end, and in effect,
both guides are now very similar (besides style), and equally useful (IMHO).
That's pretty much it. I hope I kept the bias to a minimum."
****************
Thank you very much!!!!
You did a great job of describing the history of the guides.

I agree with you that both guides are useful.  If you had chosen one over
the other , I still would have enjoyed and appreciated your post, because
you stuck to the facts and expressed you honest opinion.

You also stayed away from some of the controversy surrounding the topic and
did not go into the personality conflicts that sometimes seem to creep into
these kinds of reviews.
Thanks again for the information.

I also have a brief and related comment on fanny packs new website.

This one of a number of new AT and hiking sites that have come out lately. I
think the more the merrier.  Each AT related site (new and old ones) has a
different slant on things and different features. However,  there are bound
to be some overlaps (for example many have journals).

I am pleased that Fanny pack and Paddler will be having links to other AT
sites. IMO anyone who wants to really serve the hiker community would not
see other sites as competition, and instead would be pleased to provide
links to sites which would have different information.

PA