Re: [at-l] History of the Thru-Hiker Guide's

In a message dated 02/16/2000 7:25:56 PM EDT, lwbooher@evansville.net writes:

<< I still have my 1990 copy of The Philosopher's Guide.  He had such a
 laid-back, confirming attitude.  "It's tough along there, but go for it."
 WF took all of that out.  Now, it's just go...go...go.  No you can do it.
 No this is tough. It's all just rah, rah, rah.  I still miss The
 Philosopher.  Where is he now, anyway?  Leslie

I have the 1989 and may have the 1990 PG.

There is a,  Darrell Maret in Marietta, GA and a Darrell J. Maret  in Omaha,
NE.

Maret the Philosopher was living in Atlanta, GA when he wrote the 1989 PG.

Wildbill