Re: [at-l] Did the store go away?

"Kenneth R. Knight" wrote:

> Late last June I spent what would turn into a very enjoyable afternoon at
> a store just a couple tenths (if that) of a mile east of the AT at Ashby
> Gap. The place was newly (re)-opened and hiker friendly. The day I was
> there a thru-hiker's, Angus maybe, parent came by with loads of food

> The store owner let people
> tent out behind his store that night and I think that was generally
> allowed.
>
> I was just reading the 2000 edition of the ALDHA Thru-Hiker Companion and
> that little place isn't mentioned. Did it go away?

If it was the antique store (Black Horse Antiques???) I know that the hiker
friendly owners are now in South Carolina. I'm not sure if the store has
closed, or is just under new ownership.  I spent the night with Brther Angus,
Brother Jim and Slim? at the Carrabassett River.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98