Re: [at-l] Ivory Tickling?

Kristen wrote:

> Along these lines, anyone know of any Karaoke bars
> along the trail?? <VVVBG>

<grimace>

The Stratton Plaza motel and rabbit warren usually has
karaoke on the weekends. I can't attest to the quality
of the show, however. I somehow doubt that you'll find,
say, the sixty year old guy who sings "My Way" out of
tune, or the lonely thirtysomething woman who sits by
herself at a table; rising occasionally to sing some
Patsy Cline song or another. You won't find any Meatloaf
impersonators, and you can just forget about the
oriental guy who brings his own karaoke laserdisc with
the Japanese characters on it and everything (is it any
wonder that they're the best singers in the house?). Nope,
it's probably just a scary, albeit colorful, assortment
of hairless apes attempting to sing the Achy-Breaky or
similar fare. If you're lucky, you might get to hear some
faux-French logcutters singing Stompin' Tom, but I doubt it.
To be honest, you couldn't get me in there drunk and armed
with Mr. 1911.

Adios,
MF